Sunday, August 3, 2008

50 at last on July 19

It's been a while... so much water has gone under the bridge as they say...its been more than a month, what happened, wah, plenty I say.

Let's see...went through a big oral exam, my eldest daughter got into NUS and has since registered at the School of Medicine, my birthday came and went albeit none too quietly.

Lots of big events in my life...time flies.
I would like to remember some of the occasions that took place the past month or so...
- my mum has got better, enough to return to her hometown for two weeks, she got back today.
- we celebrated her 77 birthday on July 15, in karaoke style, it was fun!
- I didnt do well in my oral QE, have to resubmit my proposal... that would take me another 6 months or so I think to get ready, stay focus and remian positive
- I felt the empty nest syndrome as my daughter left for NUS, I still have two more at home to roost...
- my work duties and schedules remain unsettled though there's peace for the time being, there's talk I would be moving sectors, I remain the ever obedient servant...
- my staff , ever so dear and supporting, moving mountains so to speak, instead of the molehills that one is used to,
- my birthday celebrations with my relative who turned 58 years but still looks great. It was fun having closed ones to celebrate your birthday with, I would have loved to have more friends in but the numbers and venue just didnt permit...

Yes, folks, 50 at last.
My colleaque said to me, "Age is just a number, you are actually 18 plus 32 years of experience in it', yet another preferred to call it 32 years of wisdom, call it what you like, but 18 sounds great, the rest of the years sound wonderful too, experience, wisdom, remember the joys, happiness, the sorrows as well, the disappointments, the positives, we have to move on .
I am getting used to the fact that 'there is no more change left' (Chinese saying), that I need to remain healthy to look and feel good, I need to maintain a strict diet and not let myself go beserk over certain foods (like kueh chap, mee rebus...), that I need to plan ahead and put some organisation in my busy world thus far, that I can do things my way if I set my mind to it.

Till the next time...

1 comment:

Elaine Lee said...

Lucia, wishing u a very happy and belated birthday! U r young and great!
I too agree that age is just a number but we must know the responsibilities at diferent ages of our life.I always believe in setting targets everyday and even if time has lapsed, we have happy moments or good experiences to recall !
U have long and promising years ahead of u to make great impacts and difference to what it is today!
I know U certainly will! Cheers from me.