Friday, August 15, 2008

30,000 feet above sea-level

14 August 2008
Yes, I am writing this high up among the clouds. You guessed it, I’m on way to yet another one of my meetings around the country. Only this week has been rather hectic. Monday evening I was in Kuantan, Pahang to address and open a course for management representatives, quality managers and Lead auditors of our state branch officers. I also managed attending a full day of the course with the participants before I went back to the KL office for a couple of meetings on Wednesday. Then I was off in the evening to Port Dickson to officiate and meet new auditors of the state branch offices. I also spent the night there. Today, I am off and and on a flight to Alor Setar to attend a HQ meeting for sector heads. I will be in Kedah till Saturday. Yes indeed, I envisage a few more days of discussion and decisions being made and the its back to what’s left of the weekend.

Down to earth…so where goes the family this week. Well, I will not be able to visit my parents at my brother’s place. Last time I saw them was Saturday. Normally if I was in HQ, I could drop by after work. That will have to wait till Saturday or Sunday. Then there’s my daughter in NUS Singapore. Well, we do keep in touch through sms, phone, online chats… That will have to do till we meet up again either in JB or Spore or if she decides to come to to KL. Then there are the other two younger kids, they have their own plans for the coming holidays next week with their friends that do not include their ‘old parents’. But then again from Thursday to Sunday, I will be away again to Jempol, Negeri Sembilan for the Karnival Pembestarian Sekolah organized by BTP on behalf of the Ministry of Education. Yes another weekend given to the organization, so wherein lies commitment to the family, well guess I have to juggle my weekdays next week and jive in with my husband’s schedule….
The week ending August is already committed. Have a meeting on Monday 25, BTP’s Perhimpunan Bulan Ogos on Tuesday with the Deputy Director General of Education, then in the evening off to BTPN Sabah for a meeting with all Management Representatives (Wakil Pengurusan) dan Quality Managers till the 29th before their respective internal audits in their own states.
Great.. the month will end with the Merdeka weekend.
Yes friends will gather as we do yearly at our dear friend Sabri’s house for yet another Merdeka celebration on the 31 of August. It’s a Sunday so Monday as day off will be well-received by all especially me!
Thank God its Sunday.
Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!


Cheers.

No comments: