Monday, March 28, 2011

Life is too short for us to sit and stare...

Hi all,
Been lying low a while...obvious reasons, no time, too busy to blog, too many assignments, so much housework (no maid remember), taking care of family...shucks...I just found out today my friend lost her mum a couple of weeks back and I didn't know...what kind of friend does that make me? So sorry Lu. My deepest condolences on your loss.That really made me think. once again...in one of my sojourn moods...life is fragile...like my son said, life is like a coin, once you use it, it's gone. With mum not so mobile now...what next? I still believe I should do what is right and able to as long as she is still with us. watched the video my friend Zu put up on FB. I think I read the poem sometime back but to see it depicted visually, it really hit me...yes life is fragile.

We were young once, we have grown, have families of our own...and as we age..we forget sometimes...that our parents age too. they won't be around forever...and then yesterday, I read the papers of the the reporter who succumbed to a heart attack. Then I found out, he was the father of my daughter's schoolmate...she was affected, so were her friends. To lose a love one, a father, a mother, any family member or friend, it is still a loss, felt by all in different capacities.My sympathies again at another life lost. We can say all we want but nothing, no one can be replaced at least not in the hearts of loved ones.

I want to be able to live my life as I see fit, do my work well before I retire (if they let me...) . But these days, the thought of retiring early is quite attractive, why bother with office politics, why bother with all the inequality at the work place, the unhappiness, the cronyism that is practised quite openly? As they say, if you don't like it, just leave...ya I wish I can have that option. Unless I win the lottery, can't see myself retiring anytime soon. What with two kids in university and another in her final year at school...not anytime soon. But then again, this is my own life, one can make of it as one chooses. I have already lived half a century, I consider my self lucky to have lived thus far. It has been good so far, I have no major complaints...if I did, I need only look at those less fortunate and that would stop me in my tracks. maybe that's the way we should live, just remember that we are lucky where we are...as soon as we wake up (that's a good sign, some people don't), we should consider the day as a new and clean plate...it's how we are going to paint it. So once again, I will live my life for myself and family and not to cater to other's whims and fancies, the order of the day is still there, work is work but this life is ours and we should live it to the fullest in our own way, without being dictated by others. So friends, life is too short, we have no time to sit and stare...cheers.

No comments: