Thursday, October 16, 2008

Some pics from the Karnival Pembestarian in Jempol, Negeri 9

Hello everyone,

Yes the program was held from 22-24 August and I have since got some photos. Thought I'd share them with you.

Interesting enough, it was hard work getting it all ready...opening ceremony, the works...then the actual activities then and the closing ceremony.

The journey there itself was an adventure, I drove there myself albeit a friend, Kamarul from BTPN NS met me at the Senawang Toll and led me to the Carnival site else...I never knew that Jempol in Bahau is in a hilly place, did you? What with the curves and hillslopes, probably could give Frasers Hill a run for her money. Yes, strange as it may seem, hollow town you think, not quite...near the ERA hotel we stayed in, there's the Golf resort, numerous bungalows (i tell u, really large ones) and on top of that, you have buses of foreign tourists shopping there. Imagine me at my age finding out about a town in N9 and starting to like it. Seems tourists liken the place to a town similar to one in our neighbouring country, Thailand and yes, you guessed it, the shops sell Thai products too! So yes, yours truly also did some shopping in Bahau. At night, my colleaques and I also managed to enjoy karaoke at the hotel.

Well here are some of the pics...










Taklimat before the big event...







Our director watching some of the students involved in internet activities...











...with the Director at a visit to PKG Bahau and a meeting with PKG officers from BTPN Negeri 9.

No comments: