Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here comes October....

A bout the month of October ...

October derives from octo meaning eight as it was the 8th month in the old Roman calendar.

Astrological Signs
Libra - Sept 23–Oct 23
Scorpio Sagittarius Oct 24–Nov 21

October Birthstones are Opal and Tourmaline

Opal is a very pretty gemstone that has a play of colours affected by the amount of light that it absorbs. It ranges from fiery blues to milky white, but always with a flashing core. The opal birthstone is a soft stone and is fragile because it has water within it that determines the gemstone’s appearance. It is a gem that is almost always set in yellow gold and this enhances the blue colouration.
The fire within an opal is variable dependant on the mines it came from.
Derivation - Latin opalus (precious stone)

Pink Tourmaline - Tourmalines come in countless colours, but the pink tourmaline, an almost orchid pink, is the version of the opal birthstone for October.

Yes, friends, its October...the month started off well, welcoming the first day of Aidilfitri.
After a month of fasting for our muslim friends, its feasting time...all of us, its time to come together, to share and enjoy food and pleasant company of friends...forget the bickering, prejudices and negative thoughts...

What's in store for the rest of the month. I know the month will be filled with programs and activities at work and also with the family. My calendar is already full and already November is starting to fill up as well. I am going to make the most of it, come what may. I expect changes at the workplace, I anticipate new orders at work etc...but I am very positive about things...in life, we can't stay negative...we have to move on, no matter what, cos' if we spend our time procrastinating and pondering over things that should be or could be...time will pass us by and whatever chances we may have on happiness and fulfillment of needs, will only dissipate.

I know there are things I have to do, work schedules that have to be monitored, responsibilities to fulfill, both family and at work. I dont mind. I told my husband this morning, I do like to work and after a few days off, I am looking forward to going back to the office tomorrow and catching up on work. All I know is that, October will soon pass but before it does, I will make the most of the month and the remaining months of the year. A few of my friends are having their birthdays this month and my dad's birthday is coming up as well. That should keep my social life busy.

Well, guess I will spend October fulfilling my duties as wife, mother, daughter, KPP, colleaque, friend...and in the process buy myself an Opal or too...

Cheers all...

No comments: