Friday, October 10, 2008

Extraordinary English for Protocal Course

You know folks, when I first received a letter asking me to attend the above named course I wondered...what's this course and why is it so named. I have so many activities lined up and didnt think I could make it...then I thought it myself....hmmm...lets go see what's it all about. So today was the second session and I'm so glad I followed my instincts...so here I am with my fellow colleaques enjoying the course...

Its not what you might call an English course per se...its everything in one...
First of all our lecturer and facilitator, Mrs Jagjeet Singh or Mrs J as she is fondly called.
she looks fantastic for her age, perfectly coiffered, healthy and so youthful, so adventurous, so positive and ever so 'gung-ho'. To me, the epitome of wellness and being...what I hope I will be like when I reach her age.

The course is about speaking well, listening, well-being, relationships and living life and enjoying life. Life is indeed too short for us to be petty. Let us all enjoy and learn at the same time about English grammar and living life to the fullest, and being alive to 'smell the flowers'.

yes its late... will talk about the rest later.
bye..............

1 comment:

jagjeet said...

From the Trainer Mrs J's Desk

Wow , you look lovely in the profile page photo ; and, you are a go-getter. I barely reached home through the expected Jalan Damansara traffic congestion of a rainy day and you had already entered an exciting account of our unusual course with an unusual content designed with an unusual name for a staff of unusual personalities.I have had barely two exciting fun sessions in class with you, Lucia and your ever-so-willing-to-learn colleagues - but I feel we have known each other for a long time. You are an interesting person to have as a friend and participant and I am glad I ventured out on this 5-day course which is indeed too short to achieve a whole lot of things that we all can achieve together; I will ensure every minute you spend with me is more than meaningful and worthwhile, nonetheless, Lucia!

I like your blog and as I read through most of the entries - many a moment my mind flashed back to the course when I first met you three weeks ago. And, I see a reflective smiling charmimg face . You do look in pensive mood quite a time and that's captivating!

You may wonder where I find the time with my very tight schedule to read blogs and even comment! Oh , this exchange of words and ideas and thoughts is, to me, a most pleasant therapy - writing and reading as well as imagining are to me energising activities. What isn't energising, to me? Even a punctured tyre on the road makes my day eventful and I can smile through it. I say, I meet a good Samaritan!

My next activity now - I have to stop albeit against my wishes. Teaching my grandson Science for his Monday exam is fun too for I see the result of my nurturing even before I venture on this grandma-grandson activity of sharing an hour together as I take a break before preparing the lunch for my family.
Mrs Jgajeet Singh