Sunday, June 8, 2008

Times are changing...



It's been a while... how time flies when you're busy...meetings, going outstation, meeting deadlines, finishing reports, finishing the first thre chapters of my thesis for the QE next month... fecthing the kids around...holiday season's over... visiting mum in hospital, making time for family ... yes its been a busy two weeks for me.

First the govt announces prices of food going up... rice... eat less rice, go potatoes and spaghetti...
Then the bombshell, price of petrol shoots up 78 sen, almost 40%, probably wiping out our 15% rise in salary last year... wow, I have three cars, have to cut down on going out, have to share transport only thing is I work in Damansara and my hubby works in Putrajaya, how to share and save, and my daughter goes to university in Bukit Jalil! Use public transport you say.. how? Buses are irregular if they go our way and taxis are not cheap, commuter train doesnt run our way...so how to keep up with the times, changes in lifestyle, its definite, I told the kids, we have to cut down on eating lunches and dinners outside, shop only when we need to, and stay in and play games that do not need extra expenses!

Times are changing, with what's going on now, we have to save so our kids can have more in the future but as I see it, inflation is increasing, our salary is not, prices are rising, our ability to pay is declining...I am sure all the utility bills will go up, I can imagine the bas sekolah fees going up, the tuition fees, the food bills etc... so how to survive...even on two salaries.
We are supposed to get rebates and more subsidies somewhere but when and for how long? I can just imagine what's going to happen, but what to do, decisions have been made, announcements have been done... the public like me will have to live with it whether we like it or not.
Times are certainly changing and as I see it, the surprises of 2008 are far from over and will continue to influence our lifestyles. You and I ...have to make the best of it.
Plan to live as best we can, I think the worse is yet to come, but as we are all positive thinkers...let us wait and see ....in the meantime, enjoy what's free for as long as we can...green parks, and the air we breathe.





Ta ta...why worry eh... tomorrow is another day...

No comments: