Friday, June 20, 2008

Cameron Highlands here I come...


First look at Cameron Hghlands
Yes folks, my first trip to Cameron Highlands! What? You may laugh out looooud.
But what the heck better late than never! I thank my family for understanding my need to be with my officers for a meeting well planned at the beginning of the year and finally seeing fruit, involving officers from all over the country. I am happy to be here. Cameron Highlands is on my list of “must do” things/places to see before I go….If not for my colleaque who graciously drove us up, I wouldn’t have been able to make it. Thanks Datin.
I am glad to chair the meetings as it was meant to be and make sure that things are really running well. My trip up here has been great, nice cool prefect weather… though the drive up on the dark road last night was scary. Still I managed to get up at 6am this morning and take my first walk around heritage hotel and the beautiful surroundings. I took an hour long walk and it was wonderful. After hearing so many stories from family and friends, plus read all about CH, I am finally able to savour for myself the cool air and environment.
My first visit to the PKG at Cameron Highlands next to a primary school has been interesting and an eye opener. Going to the ground should be the work of the officers at state level. Finding out at first hand what is happening and taking place on the ground and seeing whether plans have been implemented are some things that have to be taken seriously. Everyone must play his/her role, be accountable and responsible for everything that takes place and what should be his/her task. Of course as usual, it’s easier said than done. How I wish things will go on as planned and everyone plays his/her part without being asked and supervised. But that’s probably asking too much.
Cameron Highlands will always be special, cos the group of people attending the meeting have not met in a while. Good friends meeting again is always nice. I will remember the few days there. Work done and also short visits in and around Heritage Hotel was good. I had a couple of wonderful walks, one at 6 am in the morning and the other in the evening before I left.
A quick visit up the tea factory and tea house up Sepalas Hill, part of Boh Plantation was an experience. managed to have tea and pie there, and of course take photos of the vast tea plantations. Also a quick visit to Strawberry Park Resort . Beautiful. I also managed to grab some vegetables, strawberries and also tea of course. All too soon, it was time to leave. As I had a meeting at 9am the nest day, we left at 5.30am and came down. Another exhilarating experience, whoa… winding ourselves down the hill.
Thank you for the experience and for the friendship gained and experiences shared. I will go up again if only for a day…

No comments: