Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why I chose this name for my blog...

Hi Hi Hi ......

I am 50 this year and intend to celebrate my life. Last year saw me experience all all kinds of feelings, ups and downs, euphoria, bouts of happiness, disappointments...love, great teamwork, meetings all kinds of people, travelling all over the country, real caring, new friendships and bonding... separations, you name it, been there, done this and done that. Suffice to say, I was having a great and normal life. Had my family and extended family all together...close as can be, had my work, though career could do with more lifts...

Then it hit me. This year 2008 I will be half a century old...50 so to speak and what do I have to show. My husband's there, reliable as always, kids all teenagers and growing, dont need me around that much to nag at them, career wise- ok, so what do I want? Where do I want to go and what do I want for the next half of the century, well, we can be positive right...Got to be realistic, can't grow any younger, can't look any younger, but I can live my life better, improve the quality of my life, choose my friends I want to grow old with, do things that will give me great satisfaction, take risks and overall be a good friend to all I meet and know.

That got me thinking. Hey, I want to be around, I want to celebrate my life, I want to do things and stuff I haven't yet done, meet people I haven't met, experience the thrills of life I may have missed, basically giving myself a chance to do things for myself. In other words, I got to take better charge of my life.
So once my mind was made up, sort of informed the family and ta ta... here I am.
For one, starting my own blog was one of the things on the list. Am so glad I finally started today...

I went on a self imposed weight-losing programme, no going to any tailor made diet plans out there, just watched my food intake, exercise often, feel good and made myself look better, changed my wardrobe some. That has seen some success, so far lost 6 kilos the past 4 months, kinda of slow you may say, but hey, I've been getting some positive feedback so am still working on it, another 4 kgs to go.

One thing I've learned, its true what they say, when you feel good, you will look better and when you choose to, you can do things you set your mind to. You're as young as you feel, they but certainly at 50, some will say hey, you're over the hill. My kids say hey mum you look good for '50', my friends are supportive and say, hey you look great, keep it up, so here I am today, feeling good and great too.

Positive thinking helps, reading lots of positive and self-help books is my forte..My family and friends know this, so over the years I've got quite a collection, bought some, got some as gifts etc.
I am quite troubled by the advert on the radio, that says, "my friend is already 50 and he looks great be cause he takes certains vitamins", well 'already 50" so what. You all out there, don't fret, go meet the 50 year mark with gusto, my birthday's not here yet, another 3 months to go, but hey, you're as young/old as you feel. There is life after 50 you know, just look around you, look at those above 50 years, read about what they do, get on with your life, I am doing just that and intend to be around to live my life to the fullest while I still can.

I am 50 and living my life as I see it. This year, I had the opportunity to abseil and go jungle trekking, and I tell you, it was the best thing I have ever done, did that in my younger days but never knew I would enjoy it all so much now. Looking forward to trying more physical stuff...
You are your own person, as many have said in the past, you have the choice to live your life, the way you want it. Don't let others tell you how to live your life, yes you got a boss or bosses who want to make your life miserable, you've got some 'kiasu' friends, but hey, you got a choice right, don't let them ruin it for you, think positive and enjoy life. Choose to be happy and that's exactly what I intend to do for the rest of my life, some hiccups along the way, but I want to make choices that are right and true for myself.

Girls and Guys, if you choose to be miserable, you will be, dont be, choose to be happy, do something for yourself but along the way, don't hurt people, help people, love them cos' like a
smile, it creates postitive effects, as they say, a smile creates two, love and you will be loved.
So everyone, I am going to be 50 and I will live my life as I see it and I will love the way I live it.
Friends, watch out...more to come. Share your thoughts, just be glad we are alive and living life.
Ta ta till next time...

No comments: