Saturday, April 26, 2008

Family Day

Everyone knows what is meant by "Family Day'. At least I think so.
Well, why do we have family days? Many reasons:
-management of an organisation thinks its a good way to break the ice
-concept of "all work and no play..."
-everyone working in the same organisation should work and play as a 'family'
-foster cooperation, friendship, kinship, opportunities for networking abound...
-a fun way to relax with families getting together, cutting across management and lower rungs of organisation..
Yes, all in all, a noble, positive gesture.
Today, I attended my organisation's Family Day with my husband and two younger children...
I looked forward to it, a chance for my own sector people to get together with their families and mine as well as the management and other workers in the same organisation.
It was fun, I thought it was a great idea... I always enjoy family days though it is sometimes draggy... but it gives me a break as well, from work, from the household chores etc, a chance for my own family to join me as I move around quite a bit.
Those who miss it, well they have their own reasons...
I applaud the director and the organisers, Bakes, for organising it, a massive amount of preparation and yes, cleaning up afterwards.
Congratulations I say to everyone who had a part in making it a success.
I look forward to the next one...er... away from the office perhaps...

No comments: