Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little things

A friend sent me this today...

L I T T L E Things...

Whatever that happens in life, happens for a good reason..... so stop worrying about
the future and forget the past.

After Sept. 11th, one company invited the remaining members of other companies
who had been decimated by the attack on the Twin Towers to share their available office
space. At a morning meeting, the head of security told stories of why these people
were alive, and all the stories were just the 'L I T T L E' things.

As you might know, the head of the company survived that day because his son
started kindergarten. Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.
One woman was late because her alarm clock didn't go off in time. One of them
missed his bus. One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.
One's car wouldn't start. One went back to answer the telephone. One had a child
that dawdled and didn't get ready as soon as he should have. One couldn't get a taxi.
The one that struck everyone was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on
his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to answer a ringing telephone.........
all the little things that annoy me. I think to myself, this is exactly where God wants me
to be at this very moment...

Next time your morning seems to be going wrong, the children are slow getting dressed,
you can't seem to find the car keys, you hit every traffic light, don't get mad or frustrated.
God is at work watching over you.

My comment:
This seems to be the case with me these days.
Dont let things faze you. You have a choice.
Be happy, be sad, be angry, be upset, be annoyed...
Why torture yourself...let it go...
Nothing will change what is past, but you can make the future the way you want it,
So when I meet with some negative people or circumstances, a traffic jam...
I just re-focus my thoughts, let it pass, then turn on the radio (if i am in a car)
and go on my way... no point getting mad, that wont change things,
So here I am, sane as ever to face the new day...

No comments: