Monday, January 10, 2011

When the maid is away...



Right..folks..the maid left on Saturday. Well, all good things must come to an end they say...the sleep-ins, the telly watcher, the couch potatoes, the days of not housework are all in the past. Suddenly the kids wake up and lo and behold..the breakfast is not done..no milo mum! Wah..mum we have to fold our own clothes and iron too??? Howlah??? Is it my turn to sweep the floor, mop and take the rubbish out? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
Sure things kids...those days are gone. So u ask what happened? Well, suffice to say...we have had enough and even though having the maid around was great...the bad outweighed the good. We had to worry about where she's wandered to when everyone is out, whether she's locked the door and gate and who she might be bringing into the house. I guess sometimes, employers like me tend to just overlook all those little blatant things happening so we could have a few hours of rest when we get back home...no need to cook and no need to wash the dishes or worry about the wet laundry. I turned a deaf year to complaints and overlooked her impoliteness but I guess last week enough was enough and I just booked her a ticket home and sent her packing.
Couldn't we have waited till after CNY..n lah really...no point...and so here we are maidless...as of it was a big crisis. Well it did affect my youngest..back from school, opening the house with her set of keys I gave her this morning and cooking her own maggie mee and telling me of her experience when the egg fell onto the floor instead of the pot. Well...guess it wont be the first but I am sure she would look back and laugh about it someday after she's become an expert at it.
Son decided he wanted to spend time in Seremban and Melaka..away fron the house with no maid. As for me, my first day cooking breakfast after many months..not too bad ...my omelete went down well with everyone who cared to eat it! The laundry was done at night so it was ok...my sister in law had the dinner ready and hub did the dishes..so all in all..we did well after two days without the maid.
I am sure we will survive as we did the last time we were maidless...guess the days of spoiling ourselves with ample time is gone. Now I seem to be able to plan and manage my tine better then when I had her around.
To all who have maids...good luck...to all who don't..here I come...in a way..I feel relieved that I am doing some of the housework myself instead of working and bending over the computer all the time. I hope this means I can shed a few pounds before CNY...he he.
Well...my adventures begin...ta ta!

No comments: