Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New job, new environment, new friends...

Yes, it's already been a month since I changed jobs. Changing jobs is nothing new I suppose but for a 50-something woman, the question everyone keeps asking is "Why the change? What happened?" For me, why not? I guess we shouldn't be afraid of change. WE will never know what's in store , what's on the other side of the field if we do not take any action. I wanted a change sometime back...I felt not appreciated the past few years, I felt there was more for me to contribute. I was a good manager and a leader so I am told. So to me, it was a good and right decision.

I am glad my present employer gave me a chance to join her management team and I am glad the new workplace is exciting, vibrant and keeps me busy and on my toes. Working long hours has been a pleasure so far, though my knees do have to keep up...I am glad my former bosses have retired. My ex-colleagues are pleased and can move forward now. I moved bascially to give my self space and a chance to prove that I am still good at what I do. For me, there is no such thing as giving up on your career and getting ready for retirement. I don't think i am ready to retire just yet...even the thought of signing up till 60 seems not a bad idea...cos' I really can't see myself staying home and twiddling my fingers and toes. I believe I still have some productive years left and can contribute to the nation.

So here's to new challenges and fresh faces and places...
to all who fear moving and change, don't be...go do it now.
Nothing can be worse than where you are now...if you are in control.
Give yourself a chance and flyyyyyyyyyy...

Cheers.

No comments: