Sunday, July 24, 2011

My birthday...

Ya..my birthday arrived last Tuesday...came and went quietly.
Cos' i was attending a meeting in town...so was celebrating alone.
So what now... 53 years old..wow..has it been that long since I started this blog..when i turned 50. Told myself...I'd start living it...and I guess I have been doing just that.

Anyway, this weekend hasn't been that good...my knee has been troubling me for some months now. Last Frriday, it just jammed up. The pain was so bad, i could neiother stand nor walk. So I was bundled into my colleague's car, driven to hospital, had x-rays done and given a jab in the butt, given pain killers and sent home. Nothing wrong with the knee joints..all properly aligned according to the doctor..just the osteo-arthritis pain. So after three days, it hasn't improved...instead the pain has gone down to the calves...ouch..so painful..I am still limping y way aorrund. But I try to stay off my feet. I can still cycle in the air..and it doesnt hurt that much but it hurts when my feet touch the ground and I try walking.

Guess I will be in no position to drive to work tomorrow. Will be going into hospital again and have no choice but to take some time off. But as they all say, health is wealth and since no one is indispensable, no one will miss me at work.

Thought I read all about osteo-arthritis..guess i missed something there.
oh well...got to bear with the pain and hooe for the best.

To all of you who still have sound knees, take care...

What would my birthday resolutions be now:
- get well and do whatever Iwant to do now...don't put off what I can do today cos, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Cheers!

No comments: