Monday, February 7, 2011

Chinese New Year of the Rabbit 2011

CNY came and we are going into the 6th day...wow...time flies...we had a long weekend, for some a one week break. For me I took a day off for the reunion dinner...my eldest brother and his family played hosts again this year with my sister in law doing the major cooking. I ordered some roasts and that was my contribution for the dinner. My two younger brothers hosted dinner on the 1st day whilst my sister and I pot-lucked for the 2nd day. The 3rd day dinner was also hosted my eldest brother. All in all, it was a good family get-together, of course it's the 2nd year without dad, we all feel his absence especially mum but life goes on ya.The food was great, the company even better, every year, it seems the kids have grown even faster, taller, prettier. more handsome, the parents..ageing well..he he... there was the usual karaoke and gin plus blackjack sessions but it was all done in good faith and everyone had a lot of fun. Mum of course was glad for more company and of course as the weekend drew to a close, she felt teary as usual, since my brothers and their families had to go back to JB and Singapore, including my girl. The rest of us too had to get back to our own homes, get the laundry done and some house hold chores...no maid remember!
There was the usual photo ops...yes we got some nice family pics...here's one for the road...

We are still enjoying the dinners and get togethers. Come Chap Goh Meh which marks the end of CNY for this year, we have to then get
back into shape and into our sane lives minus the feasting...yaks...thank God I have to do some chores around the house with the maid gone. Exercise is all I need...what with the pains in all my joints, I could do with less weight. So here's to a great year of good health, good results for those sitting for major exams, more promising career and business successes, greater wealth and prosperity for all.
Gong Xi Fa Cai! Nian Nian You Yu. Wan Shi Ru Yi. Shen Ti Jian Kang. Bu Bu Gao Sheng. Sheng Yi Xing Long. Xue Ye Jing Bu. Tian Tian Hao Tian.
Cheers!

No comments: