Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 is here....where am I?

Happy New Year.
We are well into January...2nd week to be exact. What have I been doing? I think for the first time in my life... I didnt make any NY resolutions. Wonder why? I have been busy as usual towards the end of the year. There was the trip to the APEID-UNESCO Conference in Hangzhou China, wish we had more time to explore, then the year end X'mas festive break and by golly, before I knew it, the NY was upon us...but I suppose if I wanted to, I could find the time to make a list. I did consider the fact that after years of writing down new resolutions and pondering over the previous year's list, I decided it doesn't really matter if I made a list or not this year. Over the months I forgot what I had written down and in the end, it did not serve any purpose for me. I suppose I could refer to the list now and then but then again, it was not important. The list was usually the same: lose weight, stop ageing, as if I could, be a better mum, daughter, wife, sister etc. perform better at work...the list goes on. I think over the years, I have achieved what I wanted to. Maybe if I had to make just one resolution, it would be to be more committed towards finishing my PhD. My daughter now cracks jokes that she will be graduating before me and she has another three half years to go before she qualifies as a doctor. So where am I?

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Gosh! I do hate procrastination and I seem to be caught in its web.
The funny thing it doesn't happen where my office work is concerned. I consider that taken care of very well. Ask my staff. My personal studies is the one I keep on putting off and basically, in the end its my personal satisfaction if I finish it anytime soon. Wish me luck.

I hope and wish that 2010 will be a better year for everyone.

Cheers

No comments: