Tuesday, July 28, 2009

51 and living it....

A little over a year ago..I started my blog. At that time, I wanted to write about being 50 and living it, living my life as I wanted it to be. Well, i just turned 51...and as I ponder and reflect on the past year...I wonder if I have achieved what I set out to do and be.

I think I didn't allow disappointments to hit me or bring me down. I didn't let racial bigotry or bitter rivalry get the better of me...for I still believed in the positive side of things...that one day, things will be better and one day...I will get what I should get. True enough patience served the day. I recently received an Excellence Service Award for Civil Servants in my category, of course with support from my immediate previous superiors. Thanks to all involved. I also received my promotion which I had waited with abated breathh since Sept last year and which I finally got in May. Somehow, that put my faith back in the system or maybe I was one of the luckier ones...Whatever, I will continue to look at the positive side of things...finally I would say..God is Great!

Today..being where I am, in a new post and trying my best to set things right and handle matters as best as I could...I find myself still doing what is best, what is right, still striving to make things right, still working hard to ensure that others do what is right and bringing out the best in themselves. My fellow colleagues all work just as hard, being a civil servant these days is no joke..no ordinary life, man, whoever said being a civil servant was easy..must be a real deadwood! We all try our best and hope that things will work out. With a new director and a new deputy Director who expect that we work our best at all times have helped set our directions clear and loud. I hope everyone will lend their support and help to bring quality education to our children in all our different capacities.

As for me...being 51 means a year older. It also means I can still look forward to another year of love and friendships with family and loved ones.My health has been generally good, I had a couple of bouts with a weak tummy this year thus far, my weight has gone up a bit..up 2 kilos from the 7 that I lost...shucks.. this weight yo-yo thingy has got to be another one of my resolutions this year...I feel great and I look ok...so they say for someone my age! What do you think it means :)

I still my maintain old friendships, I have started with Facebook and got connected to friends and relatives I lost contact with, I have been able to receive news from long lost friends and view photos of people I have not seen or met in ages. Facebook has its positives...wish I had more time to spend there...anyway, an occasional poke at it has been worthwhile.

As I age ...he he...I think I look at my life from a different prospect. I have had my share of problems and arguements but I am not as judgemental as I was years ago, I accept that some things cannot be changed, I refuse to challenge some things that really are negative cos' somehow I believe that the record will straighten itself out, especially when it involves friendships or relationships at the workplace. I simply deplore office politics but somehow one can never escape it...I wish people would spend more time working then gossiping about others and plotting how to get at other people. I have hopes for humanity..one day..things will be better...i sincerely hope the new PM and his Cabinet will make 1 Malaysia work!

At 51, I want to be living a healthy and fun life with friends and family. this year, I want to write, to present papers, to finish my proposal and contribute to society in some way or other.
I want to remain healthy, to play my roles right...wife, mother, daughter, sister, best friend, superior, subordinate, teacher... and in all make the years in my life complete. I shall live my life as I see fit. I shall give my best and I shall expect the best. I shall be a better person then I was last year. I shall be a stronger person then I was...I shall be happy with my life! Nothing will stop me from living the life I want it to be...be a friend and support me in my endeavours!
God Bless you all!

No comments: