Thursday, February 26, 2009

Overtaken by events...

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is in the pink of health.

Just in case everyone is wondering what's up with me...well my family and I are fine.
This was written sometime back but not posted due to everything being overtaken by events.

Why so quiet you say this CNY? Well friends, it has been quite a year for us last year, my mum had her major by pass heart operation in June 2008 and my dad with his deteriorating Parkinsons disease. I know 2008 also took away some of our dear ones...our sympathies.

Well the CNY was spent in Kuala Lumpur as my mum is still recuperating and they are with my brother here in Damansara. My parents haven't been in the best of health but they trudge on and we try our best to make them happy. Last Saturday, mum was warded in the ICU for internal bleeding. It was until last night that they located the source, near the caecum..large intestine..if u google u will see what I mean.. Due to her contiinuous bleeding, doctors tried to plug it with a coil but it was unsuccessful..and they finished at 3.30am..so we waited till morning.
Today at ten, they decided they couldnt wait and a major op was carried out at 2.00pm today, they have since removed one third of her colon and tied up the rest...we just left her..she has been sedated with morphine but groans in pain as they have to cut up her stomach..so soon after her heart op..we shudder at what she is going through...she is indeed a very strong person, anyway, docs say her surgery was a success, thank God...but we will all have to see about her recuperation...she is still in the ICU of course but we hope she'll be better enough to move to the normal ward in a few days time. Praise God.

Well just wanted to share my story...in case you all are wondering what happened to us..I suppose all of us have our own stories to tell..but if we dont share no one will know right..we just wanted your prayers and thoughts...
we will also pray for everyone's good health and success this year and the years ahead. Age sure is catching up on us all, so take care everyone. Eat the right food and exercise!

Today is the last day of CNY-Happy Chap Goh Mei! It has indeed been a special CNY for us.


God Bless.
Lucia and family.

No comments: